Cape-Ape Mini Trucks*
Affordable, tough, effective and versatile, Cape-Ape mini trucks have quickly established a reputation as a go-anywhere, all-seasons utility vehicle that’s perfectly suited to a broad range of applications. Off-road enthusiasts have discovered Cape-Ape mini trucks and are finding new terrain to tackle, while hunters are quickly embracing Cape-Ape mini trucks as an essential hauler for gear and scouting purposes. Agricultural operations of all sizes and varieties are delighted with the fact that Cape-Ape mini trucks have such low ground pressure yet possess enough torque to climb steep hills and pull
Cape-Ape mini trucks boast an enviable list of features and are superior to any other vehicle of their type. Standard 4wd and manual transmissions make these vehicles perfect for off-road use or slogging through drenched fields. The drop-do
wn side and rear gates on the bed are ideal for loading and off-loading product, and with a carrying capacity of 780 pounds, these trucks are manufacturer-rated to haul some impressive cargo! Heaters and stereos are standard in the two-seat, fully-enclosed cabs, and some are also available with air conditioning to make them truly year-around comfortable. Cape-Ape mini trucks are also user-friendly with minimal maintenance required and excellent fuel economy.
Mini trucks are fairly new to the United States, but the Japanese have been manufacturing them since the early 1960s for agricultural and on-road use. Due to the extremely strict emissions standards of the Japanese government, Cape-Ape Imports is able to bring in high-quality, low-mileage mini trucks that can deliver years of reliable service. With prices starting as low as $4,000, Cape-Ape mini trucks are a perfect alternative to their more expensive and less capable competitors.
Mini Truck Facts at a Glance
- Uses: work vehicle on dairies, ranches, nurseries, and orchards; hunting rig; grounds maintenance or
spray rig; transportation and cargo hauling on campuses, worksites or private property.
- Manufacturers: Honda, Mazda, Suzuki, Subaru, Mitsubishi and Daihatsu. We will help you choose
which make is best for your application.
- Street Legality: Can be driven on most public roads in the United States for agricultural purposes,
but are otherwise confined to use as off-road vehicles or use on private property. (Check local restrictions.)
- Parts: Cape-Ape Imports can get any necessary replacement parts for mini trucks, and many parts
can also be found at local auto parts stores or ordered direct from domestic mini truck parts suppliers.
- Service: Mini trucks are easy to work on and can be serviced by any mechanic.
- Engine: gas-powered, 660 cc, 3-cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled.
- Load Capacity: manufacturer-rated at 780 pounds.
- Weight: 1200-1500 pounds.
- Dimensions: 4.5 feet wide by 10.5 feet long with a 6-foot bed.
- Speed: Governed at 25 mph due to import restrictions, but originally built to cruise at highway speeds.
- Fuel economy: Many sources claim that mini trucks will get 40+ mpg, but our customers are reporting actual mpg to be in the upper 30’s.
- Transmission: manual.
- Standard Features: Fully enclosed and locking two-seat cab with heater and stereo, automotive lights
with blinkers and hazards, radial tires on 12” rims, and a versatile bed (side and tailgate fold down
to make a flatbed).
- Factory Options: A/C, dump beds, locking axles, hi-low range, and extended cabs.
- After-Market Accessories: Dump beds, custom bodies, BlackLine plows/grading blades, lift kits, custom wheels and tires in a variety of sizes and styles from ITP or Carlisle, tram kits, custom paint (including camouflage), spray-on bed liners, bumpers, roll bars, custom stereos, off-road lights, etc. -- anything you want to make your mini truck more functional or just more fun!
- Shipping: individual mini trucks or full containers (6-7 mini trucks) shipped nationwide (additional
- Container Discounts: significant savings if you order a full container (6-7 mini trucks) to be shipped
direct to your location
* The information on this page relates to the used 4wd drive mini trucks we import from Japan. We can also order mini trucks that are completely refurbished or that are brand new (2wd only). Contact us for additional details.